Sr. Maching Estimator
Chandler Industries, a Minneapolis, MN based precision machining and sheet metal fabricating company with divisions in Minnesota and Mexico is currently seeking a Sr. Machining Estimator to support its growth strategy.
This position will office in our Minneapolis or Bethel facility, some remote work possible.
The Sr. Machining Estimator will primarily be responsible for working collaboratively with Business Development, customers and one or more operating divisions to develop price quotations for machined components and assemblies based on request for quote (RFQ) data submitted by customers. The individual will utilize ERP systems to create cost estimates by synthesizing labor, material, outside processing, production lead-time and NRE/NRT (i.e. part programming, tooling & fixturing) estimates based on a variety of inputs. The Machining Estimator completely owns and is responsible for managing workflow to meet on-time delivery of quoted packages to the customer.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Calculate production costs using established labor rates, material and processing price estimates.
- Supporting cost estimating activity for at least two facilities within the Chandler enterprise working with customers in the Aerospace, Defense, Industrial and Medical markets.
- Assimilate the equipment, processes, and other relevant information associated with each facility, interact with their respective management and engineering teams, and prepare quotations that align with the division’s core competencies.
- Other projects or responsibilities as assigned.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Minimum 5 years of precision machining or engineering related experience of medium to highly complex components, including setup and operation of a diverse range of machine tools.
- Minimum 5 years of 3, 4, & 5-axis milling and multi-axis turning experience.
- Strong working knowledge and ability to organize and analyze engineering drawings, bills of material, material and process specifications, international standards, and customer quality documentation.
- Solid understanding of the types of tooling required for specific applications, and generalized machine shop procedures.
- Must have the machine knowledge to quote run time for a variety of machining centers (CNC Lathes, multi axis lathes, Swiss lathes as well as 3-Axis, 4-Axis, and 5-Axis mills) and finishing operations.
- Working knowledge of EDM and the ability to estimate relevant run times.
- General working knowledge of Aerospace materials (with an emphasis on stainless steels and high temp alloys), process specifications, and diverse machining methods.
- Strong communication skills working with customers, suppliers and internal to the organization.
- Excellent 2D drawing interpretation skills along with a complete understanding of Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Ability to interpret 3D solid models.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple priorities. simultaneously and the ability to perform effectively in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to read and speak English fluently.
- Understanding of Lean Methodology tools (quick change tooling, cellular manufacturing, etc.) relevant to the estimating function.
Helpful or preferred qualifications:
- Estimating experience within an aerospace or medical estimating environment.
- Aerospace machining background.
- Knowledge of high-speed machining processes.
- CNC programming experience.
- Experience with quoting in Epicor.
Employment Type: Full-Time
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All employees must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Chandler Industries offers an outstanding work environment, competitive wages, 401(k) with match and a comprehensive benefits package!
Pre-Employment drug screen and physical abilities test required.
Chandler Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Disabilities.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the job title you are applying to.