|Job Title||Quality Inspector II (CMM)||Date||February, 2021|
|Location||FLSA Status (to be completed by HR)||Non-Exempt|
|Reports To:||Sr. Quality Engineer|
Summary (Main Purpose)
Performs quality inspection on parts, components and product that is received, in-process, and finished per customer, company, and regulatory requirements. Assists with the design, development and implementation of inspection methods, plans, and testing equipment. Create and edit CMM programs. Will run CMM’s in production environment. Hours/shift are flexible for this position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Using work instructions, job traveler, blueprints, engineer drawings and specifications inspects, checks, and tests materials, parts, components, and product during various stages of production including leave, in-process, and finished. Inspects and tests for conformance per customer, regulatory, and company requirements. Disposition as accept/reject based on their conformance to drawings and specifications.
- Check and monitor materials and equipment to verify calibration status.
- Perform visual inspection for conformance. Perform gage R and R studies.
- Accurately document and record inspection or test data, dimensions, and quantities inspected, accepted, and rejected. Gather and submit key characteristic data and Cpk data.
- Process and maintain all quality records per appropriate procedures to maintain accountability, acceptance, and status including compiling Certificate of Conformance and DMR.
- Participate with manufacturing engineering in the identification of inspection and test equipment, tools, and gauges required to achieve quality target levels. May recommend updates in inspection and test techniques to improve productivity/accuracy and eliminate inconsistencies through development of standards of acceptability. Assist engineering with the disposition of non-conforming work-pieces, parts, components, and material.
- Create first piece and in-process inspection reports.
- Create and edit CMM programs. Run CMM’s in production.
- Participate with engineering to design CMM inspection fixtures.
- Audit and perform review of travelers and other documentation for compliance to established procedures.
- Support and assist quality improvement teams, engineers, and operations to resolve problem issues and improve quality.
- Assist the supplier quality initiatives to facilitate corrective and preventative action relative to supplier quality problems and source inspection issues.
- May participate with internal, customer, and certification audits.
- Maintains an organized, clean and safe environment and maintains 5 “S” standards. Complies with safety rules including Personal Protective Equipment and OSHA standards.
- Participates in Lean initiatives eliminating wastes including overproduction, defects, transportation, waiting, inventory, motion and over-processing.
Required Skills and Experience (Minimum requirements in terms of educational background, work experience, licenses/certifications or other knowledge, skills, and abilities).
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 5 years of Inspector experience in a manufacturing environment
- At least 3 years’ experience operating a CMM equipment
- Experience creating and editing CMM programs
- Must be able to pass annual visual exam.
- Advance knowledge of metrology including coordinate measurement machines (CMM).
- Ability to apply methods for establishing the correlation between measurement instruments including gauge-to-gauge or manual-to-automated process.
- Ability to establish and maintain calibration control.
- Knowledge of the application of sampling methods and sampling plans.
- Knowledge of product traceability methods and processes.
- Skilled at leave, first-article, in process, and final inspection methods and processes.
- Knowledge of identifying, containing, and processing non-conforming material and work-pieces.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of statistical process control applications and interpretation of results.
- Proficient reading, writing, oral communication, and comprehension in English language.
- Ability to read and interrupt blue prints, engineering drawings and specifications.
- Advanced knowledge of GD & T.
- Knowledge of industrial math including arithmetic, geometry, and statistics.
- Knowledge of computer integrated manufacturing software including accessing and retrieving information using the computer.
- Knowledge of computer aided software and their applications including their interface with CMM.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Cooperative attitude, shares critical information, and remains professional in difficult situations.
- Self-directed; ability to work independently.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All employees must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Additional Skills and Experience (Preferred or helpful)
- Experience working in the Aerospace, Medical or other highly regulated industry (division specific)
- Knowledge and use of CMM Manager or PC-DMIS program(s)
- AS9100 and NADCAP experience (divison specific)
- Certified Mechanical Inspector
Job Demands and Conditions Analysis: Quality Engineer
The essential functions of this job involve the following working conditions.
|C = Continuously||75%-100% of time|
|F = Frequently||50%-74% of time|
|O = Occasionally||10%-49% of time|
|R = Rarely||1%-9% of time|
|N = Never||0% of time|
|Works with others||X||Standing||X|
|Keeping work pace/deadlines||X||Crouching/Crawling||X|
|Performing repetitive tasks||X||Twisting at waist||X|
|Noise (decibels) 91||X||Reaching above shoulders||X|
|Vibration||X||Reaching below knees||X|
|Abrupt temperature changes||X||Lift/carry up to 40 lbs.||X|
|Heat (above 85 F)||X||Push/pull to 100 (force)||X|
|Cold (below 65 F)||X||Climbing ladders||X|
|Dryness||X||Operating foot controls||X|
|Odors & dusts||X||Manual Tasks|
|Work with solvents||X||Grasping with one hand||X|
|Work acids, bases||X||Grasping with both hands||X|
|Work with oils||X||Manipulating with one hand||X|
|Work with toxins||X||Manipulating with two hands||X|
|Poor ventilation||X||Handwritten communication||X|
|Mechanical hazards||X||Using hand tools||X|
|Seeing close (reading)||X||Scraping||X|
|Seeing far (observation)||X||Equipment Operation|
|Peripheral vision||X||Driving car / light truck||X|
|Seeing colors||X||Driving heavy truck / van||X|
|Verbal communication||X||Operating forklifts, stackers||X|
|Hearing speech||X||Operating hoist equipment||X|
|Hearing mechanical sounds||X||Operating shop machinery||X|
|Sensing odors||X||Operating power tools||X|
|Sensing by touch||X||Operating torch||X|
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All employees must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Chandler Industries offers an outstanding work environment, competitive wages, 401(k) with match and a comprehensive benefits package!
Pre-Employment drug screen and physical abilities test required.
Chandler Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Disabilities.
Please send resume to email@example.com with the subject of the job title you are applying to.