Chandler Industries, a leading manufacturer of precision machined components, fabrications, and complex assemblies, is seeking a Payroll/Accounting Administrator to join our team! This position will be responsible for all aspects of payroll including bi-weekly processing of payroll, monthly and ad-hoc reporting, and special projects.
This position will office in Minneapolis with some remote work possible.
We offer competitive wages, benefits and offer convenient employee parking.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Process biweekly payroll transactions for 250+ employees, including entry of hours, earnings, deductions, and expenses (payroll and taxes currently outsourced to Paylocity).
- Audit, balance and post all payroll and labor data weekly.
- Process all required wires, manage electronic time files, and conduct employment verifications.
- Set up and maintain garnishments, child support, levies, W4 changes, direct deposit and other items as needed.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual statements and required reporting.
- Assist with the annual budgeting process
- Provide oversight and manage all tasks and processes related to tax reporting and payments with payroll vendor, escheat and reconciliation of payroll general ledger accounts including year-end tax returns, W2, W2C, 940, 941’s to ensure they are filed accurately and timely.
- Processes new hire paperwork and benefit changes to include additions/terminations/LOA/change reporting.
- Calculate and process bonus and incentive payments.
- Ensure Chandler is compliant with all local, state, and federal regulations, keep abreast of all new legislative requirements (i.e. minimum wage, etc.).
- Collaborate with HR Managers, General Management, IT, and external vendors to define, test and implement system modifications, new payroll, or HR products and/or enhancements to existing systems needed to meet the changing needs of Chandler.
- Maintain the integrity of the department’s HRIS data; oversee the HR Technology area to include report requests, table changes, and security requests.
- Maintain supplier and customer information in the Epicor and Job Boss ERP systems
- Complete other special projects as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years payroll experience
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; or prior demonstrated payroll experience
- Proficient with using 3rd party payroll tools. Paylocity experience a plus
- High attention to detail
- Well versed in the legal aspects of payroll, federal and state taxes, wage, and hour laws, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Strong Communication, Time management, and Organization skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies
- Ability to view business issues in perspective and follow-up on projects/assignments and be able to prioritize and participate in multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-directed; ability to work independently
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification helpful
- Prior HRIS, Compensation and/or benefits administration experience helpful
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All employees must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Chandler Industries offers an outstanding work environment, competitive wages, 401(k) with match and a comprehensive benefits package!
Pre-Employment drug screen and physical abilities test required.
Chandler Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Disabilities.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the job title you are applying to.